Tamarind Chutney (આમલી ની ચટણી )
Servings: 4 servings
A great sweet and sour chutney to accompany many dishes including Indian chaats(street foods).Print Recipe
- 200 g pulpy dry dates Soak for at least 4 hours and remove stones.
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste available in any good asian store
- 1 tsp salt ADJUST TO TASTE
- 1 tsp coriander jeera powder mix ધાણા જીરુ
- 1 piece clove optional
- 1 tsp paprika powder લાલ મર્ચુ
- Loosely remove dates from water and place in the liquidizer
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the liquidizer
- Add some of the left over water from the soaking dates.
- Close the jug and liquidize until a smooth chutney is formed
- If the chutney is too thick, add extra water. The final chutney should be thick but pour able.
- Transfer to a serving bowl ready for use.
I usually make a big batch and freeze the rest for future use. This is an essential chutney for bhel puri, dahi wada or any other chaats.