My Dearest Komal, Anjli and Amar,
Another one of Sapnamasi’s recipes. Just up your sleeve Amar. Quick, easy and delicious. Also used to be a favourite of Neshmama’s many moons ago. Seeing all his food adventures during this Covid-19 era, perhaps he makes a mean ‘Egg Bhurji’ too. We satisfied Niki’s desires last time with the Chole recipe, this time it is Rhea’s turn. Egg Bhurji is her favourite. I have estimated this recipe to serve 4 people for a main meal.
Egg Bhurji (spiced scrambled eggs)
- A flat frying pan
- 10 eggs whisk and set aside
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cup of cilantro chopped
- 1 large onion thinly sliced in half moons.
- ½ cup of oil
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 green chili optional, chopped
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- Heat oil, add peppercorns.
- Add sliced onions and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt, turmeric, chili powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder.
- Cook for a minute, keep stirring to avoid burning the spices.
- Add in the whisked eggs
- Scramble continuously and cook until oil separates
- Mix in the garam masala
- Add diced tomatoes and ¾ of the chopped cilantro.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.