Traditional Pesto and other varieties. પેસ્તો
Servings: 4 portions
Many variation of the pesto can be made. For example, using roasted skinned peppers, tomato puree, chives, spring onions, green garlic leaves, etc. Each variant will change the flavour. Storage life will depend on the ingredients. The recipe below is for the traditional pesto and will make about 200mls. Extra can be stored in the fridge in a glass jar with a layer of olive oil on top.Print Recipe
- 200 g Ruccola (rocket) leaves Or mix with other green leaves like bayleaves, chives, wild garlic(bärlauch)
- 50 g parsley Or any of green leaf for a different flavour.
- 100 g roasted pine nuts Can substitute peanuts or cashew nuts
- 2-3 cloves of garlic optional
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese optional
- Juice of half a lemon or one lime
- Salt to taste
- 30 ml virgin olive oil
- Grind all the dry ingredients first and then stir in the oil at the end.
- Depending on the machine, you might need to grind the nuts separately. This will also allow you to control the texture of the resulting pesto. Fine or granular.
- Store in a glass jar for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.