Tamarind Chutney (આમલી ની ચટણી )
Servings: 4 servings
A great sweet and sour chutney to accompany many dishes including Indian chaats(street foods).
- 200 g pulpy dry dates Soak for at least 4 hours and remove stones.
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste available in any good asian store
- 1 tsp salt ADJUST TO TASTE
- 1 tsp coriander jeera powder mix ધાણા જીરુ
- 1 piece clove optional
- 1 tsp paprika powder લાલ મર્ચુ
Loosely remove dates from water and place in the liquidizer
Add the rest of the ingredients to the liquidizer
Add some of the left over water from the soaking dates.
Close the jug and liquidize until a smooth chutney is formed
If the chutney is too thick, add extra water. The final chutney should be thick but pour able.
Transfer to a serving bowl ready for use.
I usually make a big batch and freeze the rest for future use. This is an essential chutney for bhel puri, dahi wada or any other chaats.